Crozet Volunteer Fire Department
The Crozet Volunteer Fire Department was founded in 1910 by farmers and other citizens who sought protection from fires. The first infrastructure installed was a siren on the Apple Cold Storage building.
|This article documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.|
CVFD is one of three remaining all-volunteer companies in Albemarle.  However, the department has request professional firefighters to staff the firehouse during the weekday to supplement service due to a lack of volunteers and an inability to respond to some calls. 
The chief is Gary Dillon.
The first water supply was a gravity fed pipe from Mint Springs. The original fire house was built on Route 810 in 1930. A new building next door to the original was built in 1965. The VFD now operates from a station built on Route 240 in 1985.
In April 1948, the department installed streetlights as a way to improve nighttime driving conditions. 
In 2013, the CVFD protested a decision by the Albemarle Board of Supervisors to not allow professionals to work unpaid as volunteers.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Web. CVFD Exasperated Over County Volunteering Policy, Crozet Gazette, Crozet Gazette, retrieved May 6, 2012. Print. May 5, 2013 .
- Web. Lacking volunteers, Crozet fire company seeks county's help, Allison Wrabel, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 27, 2019, retrieved November 29, 2019. Print. November 28, 2019 page A1.
- Web. Proclamation recognizing the 100th Anniversary of the Crozet Volunteer Fire Company., Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, retrieved October 1, 2010.
- Web. Crozet Firemen Erect Twelve Street Lights, Plan 30 More, Staff Reports, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, April 8, 1948, retrieved January 8, 2017 from University of Virginia Library.