The Office of the County Executive is charged with managing the day-to-day operations of local government according to directions and guidelines set by the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
The County Executive is the Chief Executive Officer of Albemarle County and is appointed by and accountable to the Board of Supervisors. He or she is responsible for implementing the policies of the Board, preparing and executing the budget, and directing the day-to-day operations of the County government.
- Jeffrey Richardson, County Executive
- Doug Walker, Deputy County Executive
- Trevor Henry, Assistant County Executive
- Bill Letteri, Finance Director (retiring summer of 2020)
- Nelsie Birch, Chief Financial Officer (effective June 29, 2020) 
- Lori Allshouse, Strategic Management Coordinator
- Emily Kilroy, Director of Communications and Community Engagement
- Andy Bowman, Management Analyst
- Roger Johnson, Economic Development Director
- Diane Mullins, Executive Secretary
- Beverly Taylor, Administrative Assistant
- Steven Allshouse, Fiscal Impact Planner
- Brenda Neitz, Budget Analyst
- Laura Vinzant, Budget Analyst
Former County Executives
- Web. Tar Heel transplant: Jeff Richardson jumps into county exec role, Samantha Baars, News Article, C-Ville Weekly, February 28, 2018, retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Web. Albemarle County names new Chief Financial Officer, Staff Reports, News Article and Press Release, WVIR NBC29, May 7, 2020, retrieved May 17, 2020.