Community Development Block Grant
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is one of the longest-running programs of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. It funds local community development activities such as affordable housing, anti-poverty programs, and infrastructure development.
CDBG, like other block grant programs, differ from categorical grants, made for specific purposes, in that they are subject to less federal oversight and are largely used at the discretion of the state and local governments and their subgrantees.
|An article on Wikipedia has information about CDBGs in areas beyond Albemarle County's borders.|
Funds received locally
|This section is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
|HUD Exchange Grantee Awards 2003 to 2019|
|Date of Export: 10/13/19|
|Year||State||Org Name||Program Name||Program Type||Award Amount|
Source: HUD Awards and Allocations
Charlottesville has a practice of choosing a neighborhood to receive CDBG funds for three years for infrastructure.
- 10th and Page Neighborhood, 2016     
- Council approved CDBG funding for FY2019 on May 21, 2018 and amended the budget on July 2, 2018. At the time, the Belmont project had a line item of $204,263.49.  The task force selected a sidewalk project on Franklin Street that was not completed in time due to right of way issues. In March 2021, the funding was transferred to a rent relief program with the expectation the $244,951 would be refunded to the project.  The task force met again on April 12, 2021 and got an update on the right of way required for the project for easements to meet drainage requirements 
- Ridge Street
- Council seeks to use federal money to build new affordable housing units, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 18, 2009
- Web. 10th and Page CDBG Task Force, October 5, 2016, Minutes, City of Charlottesville, retrieved April 11, 2021.
- Web. 10th and Page CDBG Task Force, October 19, 2016, Minutes, City of Charlottesville, retrieved April 11, 2021.
- Web. 10th and Page CDBG Task Force, November 18, 2016, Minutes, City of Charlottesville, retrieved April 11, 2021.
- Web. 10th and Page CDBG Task Force, January 18, 2017, Minutes, City of Charlottesville, retrieved April 11, 2021.
- Web. 10th and Page CDBG Task Force, February 7, 2017, Minutes, City of Charlottesville, retrieved April 11, 2021.
- Web. Charlottesville City Council meeting minutes, .pdf, Council Chambers, City of Charlottesville, July 2, 2018.
- Web. Charlottesville City Council meeting minutes, .pdf, Council Chambers, City of Charlottesville, March 1, 2021.
- Web. An update on Franklin Street sidewalk, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Town Crier Productions, April 19, 2021, retrieved April 24, 2021.