Commonwealth Restaurant & Skybar
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
The restaurant had originally been expected to open in June 2011.  Alex George is one of five investors working on the project, which will be located in the former A&N Building on the downtown mall. Construction required the bricking over windows in apartments located in an adjacent building.
Plans were approved by the Board of Architectural Review in February 2011.
The initial cuisine was "new American with a South American influence." 
- Web. Downtown Mall to get 1st rooftop restaurant, Sharon C. Fitzgerald, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, February 16, 2011, retrieved February 21, 2011.
- Web. Mall madness: Roof-top views, new deli, fancy Asian, pastries, and kabobs, Dave McNair, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, August 19, 2011, retrieved August 24, 2011. Print. August 25, 2011 , 1034, .
- Web. Champion takes majority ownership in Commonwealth Skybar, Daily Progress Staff, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, June 23, 2020, retrieved February 21, 2021.
- Web. New 'skybar' restaurant coming to the Mall, Dave McNair, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, February 16, 2011, retrieved February 18, 2011. Print. February 17, 2011 , 1008, .
- Web. commonwealth restaurant + skybar, Andrea Hubbell, Andrea Hubbell Photography, March 24, 2011, retrieved March 28, 2011.
- Web. ALLOY WORKSHOP’S COMMONWEALTH RESTAURANT & SKYBAR OPENS TO ACCOLADES FROM DINERS AND DESIGN AFFICIONADOS ALIKE, Alloy Workshop, November 17, 2011, retrieved November 21, 2011.