Piedmont Place is a 20,000 square foot three-story commercial building in downtown Crozet under construction in 2016. It was formerly known as Claudius Place. 
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
The project located on Library Avenue was originally developed by the Piedmont Development Group, but they were unable to complete the project. Drew Holzwarth purchased the property in May 2015.  The building is the first commercial investment in downtown Crozet since the construction of the new Crozet Library. The project was scaled back from its original size and a proposed fourth floor is not part of the final product. 
It was announced on June 1, 2016 that Smoked BBQ will open a restaurant at Piedmont Place. 
The rooftop restaurant closed in February 2020 and will become another event space. Smoked BBQ will continue to operate at Smoked Kitchen. 
newCoordinates: 38°04′06″N 78°42′04″W / 38.068292°N 78.701096°W
Stories about Piedmont Place on Charlottesville Tomorrow
- ↑ Web. Piedmont Place is Underway, Mike Marshall, April 8, 2016, retrieved June 1, 2016.
- ↑ Web. Piedmont Place Revives Dormant Project Site, Mike Marshall, Crozet Gazette, June 5, 2015, retrieved June 1, 2016.
- ↑ Web. Piedmont Place Reduces Scale, Mike Marshall, Crozet Gazette, December 5, 2015, retrieved June 1, 2016.
- ↑ Web. Sky bar and BBQ to be part of Piedmont Place in Crozet, Tim Dodson, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 17, 2016, retrieved January 11, 2017.
- ↑ Web. Hello, goodbye: The Rooftop and The Flat bow out, while newcomers arrive, C-Ville Writers, News Article, C-Ville Weekly, February 202, 2020, retrieved February 28, 2020.