Charlottesville and Albemarle County Courthouse Historic District
The Charlottesville and Albemarle County Courthouse Historic District was added to the Virginia Landmarks Register on November 18, 1980 and the National Register of Historic Places on July 28, 1982.
The nomination was later amended to include the now-removed Confederate statue on the Albemarle courthouse property. The VLR was updated in 1995 and the National Register was updated in 2008.
The Albemarle and Charlottesville County Courthouse Historic District is a separately recognized district within this one. 
This historic district is comprised of the original fifty acre town grid and expansion areas to the west of Court Square and north along Park Street. It extends west to McIntire Road, and south to the railroad tracks. The district crosses the tracks at Avon Street to include the former Brown Milling Company building. [dead link]
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
According to the nomination form for the National Register, the district at the time consisted of around 300 buildings at the "traditional heart of the city's commercial, civic, and religious activities" with "early residential development and industrial sites located along the fringe."
The area proposed would cover the original 1762 township, the 1818 annexation, and portions of the 1860 annexation. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Web. Charlottesville and Albemarle County Courthouse District, Nomination Form, retrieved May 30, 2021.
- ↑ Web. Charlottesville-Albemarle County Courthouse Districts, retrieved 29 Dec. 2010.