Charlottesville Skateboard Park
The Charlottesville Skateboard Park, also known as McIntire Skateboard Park, or simply "the skate park is a facility for skateboarding, biking, in-line skating managed by the Charlottesville City Parks & Recreation Department.
Construction of the new facility was originally expected to begin on March 5, 2018, the Charlottesville Skate Park and McIntire Park Pedestrian Bridge were both opened to the public in March of 2019.
The skate park arose somewhat organically in the mid- to late-1990s[when?], when skateboarders set up ramps, rails, and other obstacles on the site of former tennis courts. The city eventually took over the site and turned it into an official city park. 
The city’s previous skate park park ranked in 2011 among the top two city parks in number of visits per year.
Located at the south corner of Route 250 Bypass and McIntire Road, next to the Charlottesville-Albemarle Rescue Squad, on the sit of former tennis courts, the former skate park was built of wood framing and plywood. "The city’s previous skate park on McIntire Road...equipped only with a particle board half-pipe, a wooden bowl, a few quarter-pipes spread out, and some transitions in the mix. It gave locals a legal place to skate without worries of being kicked out, but it was definitely dated."
Meadowcreek Parkway relocation
During the development stage of the project, it was determined the park would be relocated to the east side of McIntire Park due to the construction of the Meadowcreek Parkway Interchange. Planning process for a new permanent site began in the summer of 2014.  An open house for the design review will be held on As of January 22, 2015 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at the Carver Recreation Center. 
Construction of the new facility was set to start on March 5, 2018.
Coordinates: 38°02′30″N 78°28′33″W / 38.041779°N 78.475751°W
- ↑ Web. Daily grind: Construction on city’s $2 million skate park ramps up, Samantha Baars, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, February 21, 2018, retrieved February 21, 2018. Print. February 21, 2018 .
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Web. With parkway looming, where is a skater to go?, Bryan McKenzie, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, October 29, 2011
- ↑ https://rvamag.com/news/community/skate-or-die-rad-new-skate-park-comes-to-charlottesville-this-fall.html
- ↑ Web. Skate Park designs move forward, awaiting funds, Effie Nicholaou, Charlottesville Tomorrow, May 14, 2014, retrieved May 19, 2014.
- ↑ Web. McIntire Skate Park Design Review Open House, Calendar, Charlottesville Tomorrow, retrieved January 11, 2015.
- ↑ Web. Construction set to begin on pedestrian bridge, skate park in McIntire Park, Staff reports, News Article, CBS19 News, January 22, 2018, retrieved January 23, 2018.