Chan Bryant, c. 2019
Democratic nomination for Sheriff
|For term to start||January 2020|
|Incumbent||J. E."Chip" Harding|
|Place of birth||Charlottesville|
|Profession||Law Enforcement, Chief Deputy - Albemarle County Sheriff's Office|
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Bryant has been with the Albemarle County Sheriff's Office since 1995 and became the department's first female Sergeant in 2009. Six year later (2015) she was promoted to Chief Deputy, tasked with running day-to-day operations of the Sheriff’s Office. Bryant became the first woman to be deputy sheriff.
Chan was born in Charlottesville and raised in Greene County. She graduated from William Monroe High School; obtained an associates degree in applied science, majoring in police science from Piedmont Virginia Community College; and received her bachelor’s degree in business administration from James Madison University.
General election in Albemarle County was on November 5, 2019. A primary was held on June 11, 2019. The filing deadline for this election was March 28, 2019.
- 2019 June Democratic Primary (Unofficial Results as of 06/12/2019 02:22 PM):
|Chan Bryant (D)||4,527||63.65|
|Patrick Estes (D)||2,585||36.35|
|Source: Virginia State Board of Elections|
- Web. Bryant sworn in as Albemarle County Sheriff, Staff reports, News Article, CBS19, December 30, 2019, retrieved December 31, 2019.
- Web. http://www.nbc29.com/story/39870776/chan-bryant-announces-campaign-for-albemarle-sheriff, Meghan Moriarity, News Article, WVIR NBC29, Charlottesville, VA, January 29, 2019, retrieved February 8, 2019.
- Web. Chief deputy officially announces run for Albemarle sheriff, Tyler Hammel, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, January 30, 2019, retrieved February 8, 2019.
- Web. Chief Deputy Bryant to Announce Candidacy for Albemarle Co. Sheriff, News Article, WVIR NBC29, Charlottesville, VA, January 25, 2019, retrieved February 21, 2019.
- Web. 2019 June Primary Results - Albemarle County, State Board of Elections, June 11, 2019, retrieved June 12, 2019.