Center for Nonprofit Excellence
The Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNE) is a local resource center dedicated to strengthening nonprofits to realize the potential of our community. It provides education and training, shares local, state, and national resources, and mentors nonprofits at all stages of development.
CNE represents a community of over 250 nonprofit, business and consultant members. It actively promotes best practices in nonprofit management and board governance, while also providing a forum through which nonprofits, and the communities they serve, can gather to exchange ideas and information, and to develop opportunities for strategic collaboration.
The CNE sponsors an annual Philanthrophy Day luncheon. 
Board of Directors
- Russell Willis Taylor, Chair of the Board
- Wendy B. Brown, Vice Chair and Founder
- Scott Elliff, Treasurer
- Kelli Palmer, Secretary
- Robert C. Vaughan III, Chair Emeritus
- Saphira Baker
- Lucius H. Bracey Jr.
- Erika H. James
- Joe Raichel
- Mildred Robinson
- Sonjia Smith
- Winifred Wegmann
- Cristine Nardi, Executive Director
- Kim Bassing, Membership Manager
- Nina Cooper, Finance Manager
- Christina Giaimo, Development/Program Coordinator
- Alicia Perham, Director of Programs and Operations
- Beth Vanda, Office/Event Coordinator
- Kara Williams, Information Technology Manager
Hope and Resilience Conversation Series
- Web. Philanthropy Day speaker sets high expectations for at-risk youth, Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow, November 10, 2014, retrieved November 11, 2014.