Brookhill is a proposed development off of Polo Grounds Road being planned by Riverbend Development. The community would feature between 600 and 800 homes on about 300 acres. At an initial briefing in April, Riverbend officials agreed to take out a proposed connection to Forest Lakes South.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Riverbend sought and received a rezoning of 277 acres from R-1 to neighborhood model district. This would allow for three to 34 units per acre and a maximum of 1,550 residential units. In July 2016, officials with Riverbend they were seeking to build space for several restaurants in the commercial area. Other aspects of the plan include more than 100 acres of open space, stream corridors with trails, preservation of the historic Brookhill House and a tunnel under Polo Grounds Road for the spotted salamander, which migrates across the road twice a year. 
- July 2016: Forest Lakes community update 
- August 16, 2016: Albemarle County Planning commission public hearing
- November 9, 2016: Albemarle County Board of Supervisors public hearing
- October 2, 2017: Site plan goes before the Architectural Review Board
- Web. Major mixed use development planned near Forest Lakes, Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow, April 26, 2015, retrieved December 28, 2015.
- Web. Albemarle Supervisors approve Brookhill development, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, November 10, 2016, retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Web. , Calendar, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 10, 2016, retrieved August 10, 2016.
- Web. Forest Lakes residents get Brookhill update, Tim Dodson, Charlottesville Tomorrow, July 18, 2016, retrieved July 25, 2016.
- Web. Proposed Albemarle development to offer sites for two new schools, Aaron Richardson, Charlottesville Tomorrow, April 26, 2016, retrieved April 26, 2016.
- Web. Forest Lakes residents get Brookhill update, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, July 18, 2016, retrieved January 11, 2017.