Bluegrass Grill and Bakery
|Blue Grass Grill & Bakery|
|Type||Restaurant & Bakery|
|Genre||Southern Comfort fare|
|Dissolved||May 1, 2020|
|Headquarters||City of Charlottesville|
|No. of locations||313 2nd St SE|
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- March 19, 2020 - Owner Chrissy Benninger organized a gofundme fundraiser with the goal of raising $20,000. The website stated:
- "Hello, everyone! As you all know, many restaurants in Charlottesville are closing temporarily because of COVID-19. We are one of them.....
- That means we have no revenue, even though there are still bills to pay.....and I didn’t send my staff off like I would have wanted to. Plus, we need money to start back up again in a few months. Trying to get a loan or money from the government will take time that we don’t have.
- We are asking our patrons and friends to help us out.....pay off our last few bills, have money set aside to reopen and to help the staff in these trying times. I know it’s a lot to ask right now. Everyone is struggling or will be soon.
- We hope to see you again soon! Pancakes and Benedicts for all!
- Love to you, stay safe and take care of those around you.
- owner of The Bluegrass Grill and Bakery"
- May 1, 2020 - As of this day, the "gofundme" website noted: $5,185 raised of $20,000 goal
- May 1, 2020 - On the company's Facebook page, owner Chrissy Benninger announced: "I am officially and permanently closing The Bluegrass Grill and Bakery, in the incarnation that it is right now."