Blue Ridge Farm
Blue Ridge Farm is a 19th century structure in Albemarle County listed on the Virginia Landmarks Register and the National Register of Historic Places. It was listed on the VLR on February 20, 1990 and the National Register on January 25, 1991. 
Narrative from Virginia Landmarks Registry
"The central portion of this grand country house was built ca. 1870 for William B. Smith on a farm owned in the 18th century by the Epperson family. Between 1923 and 1927, well-known architect William Lawrence Bottomley was retained by Mr. and Mrs. Randolph Ortman to make additions and refinements. Bottomley skillfully transformed the dwelling into a masterpiece of the Georgian Revival style. Several of his trademark features here are the high-quality brickwork and woodwork, the open staircase, and a progression from light to dark interior spaces. Especially noteworthy is the elegant detailing of the Georgian-style trim in the principal rooms. Richmond landscape architect Charles F. Gillette was responsible for the park-like grounds and English-style gardens that take advantage of sweeping views of the countryside. The combination of Bottomley’s and Gillette’s talents resulted in one of Virginia’s most beautiful country estates."
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- ↑ Web. 002-0498 Blue Ridge Farm, Virginia Landmarks Register, October 9, 2018, retrieved January 18, 2020.