Baker-Butler Elementary School
New community trails were built around and near the school in 2019. 
|This school article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Baker-Butler Elementary opened in 2002 and is named for James R. Butler, the first African-American to serve on the County Board of Supervisors and John E. Baker, the first African-American chair of the Albemarle County School Board.
Description from the 2019 State of the Division report
"Baker-Butler Elementary School teachers are striving to create personalized learning experiences for students through engaging, passion-based, and data-informed approaches for instruction. Staff build individual relationships with students and families, and they utilize common pre- and post-assessments to ensure that each child is appropriately challenged, supported and empowered in their educational journey. Professional development for teachers focuses on (1) the effective use of Professional Learning Communities to better identify and monitor student performance levels with curricular expectations; (2) best practices for Culturally Responsive Teaching and Trauma-Responsive Care; and (3) short and long-term Responsive Classroom goals and strategies."
The Mascot is the Bear. 
The current principal is Seth Kinnard.
|???? - 2019||Seth Kinnard|
|2014 - ????||Stephen Saunders|
|2007 - 2014||David Cushman|
|2002 - 2007||Keith Hammond|
Baker-Butler Elementary is located at 2740 Proffit Road.
- Web. Baker-Butler Elementary School, School Quality Profile, Virginia Department of Education, retrieved November 17, 2019.
- Web. Baker-Butler Elementary School fact sheet, County of Albemarle, retrieved November 17, 2019.
- Web. Albemarle Co. Community Gets 1st Tour of New Trails near Baker-Butler Elementary, Annie Schroeder, News Article, WVIR NBC29, July 18, 2019, retrieved July 20, 2019.
- Web. HOUSE JOINT RESOLUTION NO. 108, 2006 Session, Virginia House of Delegates, retrieved July 25, 2011.
- Official school website
- Virginia School Quality Profile
- 2018-19 Strategic Improvement Plan
- 2019-20 Strategic Improvement Plan
- 2019 Elementary School Climate Survey