|County Area||Neighborhood 2|
& Putt Putt Pl
|Lot Size||19.03 acres|
|Residential units||Up to 212|
|Development Firm||Coleway Development|
Arden Place is a multifamily apartment complex under construction by Coleway Development for undeveloped land between Rio Road and the Woodbrook neighborhood, adjacent to Putt Putt Place and Mallside Forest Apartments. It was developed by-right as opposed to going through a rezoning.
A preliminary site development plan was considered by Albemarle County Planning Commission on June 23, 2009. The developer sought deferral after 30 Woodbrook residents spoke out against proposed trail connections at the meeting. 
However, the board reconsidered that connection in April 2010 and voted to change their mind. The neighborhood was enraged when Coleway built the trail further than authorized by the county. After some discussion, Coleway agreed to remove the trail.  This was done in December 2011. 
- Web. Arden Place site plan deferred; Woodbrook neighborhood vehemently against connectivity, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 25, 2009, retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "Planning Commission Sets September 8th Hearing Date." Weblog post. Woodbrook Neighborhood Blog. Woodbrook Neighborhood Blog, 22 July 2009. Web. 23 July 2009. <http://woodbrook-neighborhood.blogspot.com/2009/07/planning-commission-sets-september-8th.html>.
- Chang, Connie. "Arden Place preliminary site plan approved; connection to Woodbrook neighborhood removed." Web log post. Charlottesville Tomorrow News Center. Charlottesville Tomorrow, 11 Sept. 2009. Web. 4 Nov. 2009. <http://cvilletomorrow.typepad.com/charlottesville_tomorrow_/2009/09/arden-place-preliminary-approved.html>.
- Web. Supervisors accept open space for Arden Place development; Widen trail and require pedestrian connection to Woodbrook, Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow, November 5, 2009, retrieved September 2, 2014.
- Shulleeta, Brandon. "County Shortens Path near Woodbrook | Charlottesville Daily Progress." Charlottesville News, Sports, Business, Events and Jobs | Charlottesville Daily Progress. 14 Apr. 2010. Web. 24 June 2010. <http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/article/county_shortens_path_near_woodbrook/54872/>.
- Web. Part of paved path to be ripped out, Aaron Richardson, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, October 18, 2011, retrieved October 26, 2011.
- Web. Arden Place Connection Removed, Dan Gould, Woodbrook Neighborhood Association Blog, December 11, 2011, retrieved December 23, 2011.