Significant events that happened (or will happen) on April 13.
- 1905 – Edwin A. Alderman become the first president of the University of Virginia when he was formally inaugurated on Thomas Jefferson's birthday, celebrated as Founder's Day.
- 2019 – The Charlottesville City Council voted to officially remove Thomas Jefferson's birthday, April 13, as a holiday. It added two other holidays. 
- 1743 – Thomas Jefferson, the third of ten children, was born at the family home in Shadwell to Peter and Jane (Randolph) Jefferson. (April 2, 1743, Old Style, Julian calendar).
- Web. History of the University of Virginia, 1819-1919, Philip Alexander Bruce, 1922, retrieved June 1, 2019.
- Web. City council votes to remove Thomas Jefferson holiday, By Brianna Hamblin, CBS19NEWS.COM, July 02, 2019, Updated Tue 12:04 PM, Jul 02, 2019, retrieved October 15, 2019.