301 West Main
301 West Main is located at the corner of West Main Street and Ridge/McIntire in Charlottesville. The Marriott Residence Inn is nearing completion.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
The site is the former home of Mooney Oldsmobile, a car dealership. City officials agreed on September 17, 2007 to rezone the land in 2007 from the West Main North to the Downtown Corridor zoning.  That cleared the way for a 101' foot tall building with a CVS building but that plan fell through. As of 2012, the property is under contract by a management group representing the Marriot hotel chain. The BAR gave its final approval at its meeting on November 20, 2012.
Utility relocation for the new Marriott Residence Inn got underway in October 2013.
Plans for an eight-story Marriot Residence Inn were shown to Charlottesville's Board of Architectural Review in February 2012. The plans also include a 103-vehicle parking garage. The project received partial approval by the BAR in June 2012.  
- Web. Charlottesville City Council meeting minutes, .pdf, Council Chambers, City of Charlottesville, September 17, 2007.
- Web. Marriott franchise planned for West Main, Brendan Fitzgerald, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, January 1, 2012, retrieved January 17, 2012. Print. January 17, 2012 page 24.03.
- Web. New hotel planned for corner at West Main & Ridge McIntire, Courtney Beale, Charlottesville Tomorrow, February 27, 2012, retrieved February 28, 2012.
- Web. New West Main hotel gets partial approval from BAR, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 25, 2012, retrieved February 25, 2013.
- Web. Hotel preps cause lane closures around Ridge-McIntire, Maggie Ambrose, Charlottesville Tomorrow, October 20, 2013, retrieved October 23, 2013.