Your 2022 calendar is reusable in: 2033, 2039, 2050, 2061, 2067, 2078, 2089, 2095, 2101, 2107, and 2118.
- March 4 – Former city manager Tarron Richardson voluntarily withdraws his lawsuit against Charlottesville City Council. 
- March 11 – The Charlottesville Police Department is investigating an armed robbery that occurred on February 4, 2022 in the Water Street parking garage. The suspect displayed a weapon to the victim and took the victim's credit cards and phone.
- March 11 – Nelson County Service Authority breaks ground on an $18.5 million project to replace the wastewater treatment plant at Wintergreen 
- March 21 – Scottsville Town Council voted 4-3 for a special use permit to allow 36 units on Bird Street as part of an infill development project. 
- April 13 – A Jefferson Elm is planted on the Lawn at the University of Virginia in honor of retired landscape architect Mary Hughes 
- May 6 – The McCormick Public Night Program will resume starting on this Friday night.  All Public Night and Educational Group programs at McCormick Observatory and Fan Mountain Observatory were canceled in 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions. The Leander McCormick Observatory has been offering education and public outreach programs to Virginians since its dedication on April 13, 1885.
- May 19 – A Virginia historic marker for Gregory Hayes Swanson was unveiled outside the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library's Central Branch to commemorate his successful lawsuit against the University of Virginia to be admitted in 1950. 
- June 1 – City of Charlottesville Mayor Lloyd Snook issues a proclamation for Gun Violence Awareness Day (June 3, 2022) to honor and remember all victims and survivors of gun violence, and to declare that we as a City must do more to reduce gun violence.
- June 3 – Gun Violence Awareness Day 
- July 11 – Second Amtrak daily Northeast Regional passenger train entered service between Roanoke and D.C. 
- July 18 – City Council adopted a plastic bag tax to begin January 1, 2023. This tax levy is the result of action passed during the 2020 General Assembly session where Virginia localities received enabling authority to impose a disposable plastic bag tax within their jurisdictional limits. The legislation allows localities to impose a five cent ($.05) per bag tax on disposable plastic bags provided by certain retailers.
- July 27 – Steven Rosenberg will become the next Albemarle County attorney on July 27, 2022.  
- August 1 – Jesse Brookins becomes Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Albemarle County. 
- September 21, Wednesday 10:00 AM – Site Plan Conference for a Final Site Plan submitted for the MACAA PUD.
- December 2 – Closing date for advertised position of the city's second Executive Director of the Police Civilian Oversight Board (PCOB); appointed by the City Manager with the consent of the Charlottesville City Council.
- December 19 – On November 21st, City Council approved an extension of the due date for 2nd half tax payments until December 19th. This change is temporary and only affects 2nd half 2022 tax bills.
- December 21 – the City of Charlottesville will hold a Site Plan Conference on this Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the NDS Conference Room in City Hall to review Belmont Heights (1000 Monticello Road) - Justin Shimp with Shimp Engineering P.C., on behalf of the owner Piedmont Realty Holdings III, LLC, has submitted a Final Site Plan.
- December 21 – The City of Charlottesville, at 11 a.m. in the NDS Conference Room in City Hall, will hold a Site Plan Conference to review 1613 Grove Street Extended - Justin Shimp with Shimp Engineering P.C., on behalf of the owner Lorven Investments, LLC, has submitted a Final Site Plan for a (28) unit residential development.
- December 31 – David Oberg's term representing White Hall seat on Board of Supervisors is over due to his resignation. 
- Web. Former city manager Richardson drops lawsuit against Charlottesville City Council, city officials, Ginny Bixby, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, March 8, 2022, retrieved March 10, 2022.
- Web. UPDATE: CPD Seeking Information Regarding Armed Robbery, Charlottesville Police News, March 11, 2022, retrieved March 11, 2022.
- Web. Service authority breaks ground on largest project to date, Kendall Warner, News Article, Lynchburg News and Advance, March 16, 2022, retrieved March 18, 2022.
- Web. ‘The change we need:’ Scottsville approves permit for 36 houses, Allison Wrabel, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, March 21, 2022, retrieved April 7, 2022.
- Web. Retired Landscape Architect Mary Hughes honored with Jefferson Elm, Matt Kelly, News Article, University of Virginia
- Web. Rubin Observatory General Public FAQs, https://www.lsst.org/, March 24, 2021, retrieved March 24, 2021.
- Web. JMRL unveils new historical marker of Swanson vs. UVA case, Dryden Quigley, News Article, WVIR NBC29, May 19, 2022, retrieved May 20, 2022.
- Web. Mayor Snook Issues Proclamation for Gun Violence Awareness Day, City of Charlottesville, June 1, 2022, retrieved November 29, 2022.
- Web. Second daily train between Roanokeand D.C. to start July 11, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Town Crier Productions, July 5, 2022, retrieved January 5, 2023.
- Web. Agenda for July 18, 2022 Charlottesville City Council, City of Charlottesville, July 18, 2022., retrieved November 18, 2022.
- Web. Rosenberg named new County Attorney for Albemarle, News Staff, News Article, CBS19 News, June 29, 2022, retrieved July 2, 2022.
- Web. Former Staunton City Manager named Albemarle county attorney, Staff reports, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, June 30, 2022, retrieved July 2, 2022.
- Web. Albemarle County Executive Names Jesse Brookins as Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Press Release, Albemarle County, June 24, 2022, retrieved January 20, 2023.
- Web. MACAA Site Plan Conference, City of Charlottesville, retrieved December 17, 2022.
- Web. [https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/charlottesville/jobs/3781485/executive-director-police-civilian-oversight-board?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs Executive Director – Police Civilian Oversight Board Salary $91,925.29 - $110,011.20 Annually], City of Charlottesville, November 1, 2022, retrieved November 1, 2022.
- Web. City of Charlottesville Tax Due Date Extension Reminder, City of Charlottesville * City News Alerts *, December 5, 2022, retrieved December 16, 2022.
- Web. SITE PLAN CONFERENCE NOTICE, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, December 14, 2022, retrieved December 15, 2022.
- Web. David Oberg Resigns from White Hall seat on Albemarle County School Board, WVIR Staff, News Article, NBC29, Charlottesville, VA, October 28, 2022, retrieved November 10, 2022.
- Web. Duane Snow, civic leader and gardener known for big heart and big smile, dies, Hawes Spencer, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, September 5, 2022, retrieved September 5, 2022.
- Web. Local publisher allegedly killed by girlfriend, C-VILLE Writers, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, Nov. 2, 2022, retrieved Nov. 30, 2022.
- Web. A Statement on the Passing of Cole Hendrix, Former City Manager, City News Alerts, Posted on: November 16, 2022, retrieved November 17, 2022.