- June 4: The Council Council appointed community members to the Charlottesville Police Civilian Review Board (CRB):
- July 2: the Council Council appointed additional community members to the Charlottesville Police Civilian Review Board (CRB):
- July 16: At their 2nd Regular meeting of the month, the City Council decided to again rename two Downtown parks. The former Lee Park, renamed Emancipation Park, is now Market Street Park. The former Jackson Park, whose name was changed to Justice Park, is now Court Square Park.
- December 5: Members of the City Council were in session.
- August 1: Governor Ralph S. Northam, issued a proclamation recognize "August 2018 as VIRGINIA CRAFT BEER MONTH in our COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, and I call this observance to the attention of all our citizens." The number of breweries in Virginia grown by 482% since 2012, when the tasting room bill, SB604, passed the General Assembly. 
- December 5 – Albemarle Board of Supervisors approve Project ENABLE, the county's economic development strategic plan 
- December 26 – Judith H. Walker (age 77) Web. Notable area deaths of the past year, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, December 28, 2019, retrieved December 31, 2019.</ref>
- Web. City School Board initiates process to fill vacancy, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, March 12, 2018, retrieved March 19, 2018.
- Web. December 5, 2018 Albemarle County Board of Supervisors Minutes, Minutes, Albemarle County, December 5, 2018, retrieved March 14, 2020.