- September 8 – Charlottesville City Council adopts Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan 
- November 16 – Planning and Coordination Council briefed by Charlottesville Economic Development director Chris Engel on the city's Growing Opportunities self-sufficiency program Report
- December 21 – City Council passes the Alcohol Beverage Production Zoning Amendment. Areas of the city previously zoned for microbreweries use were re-classified under the new title of "Micro-producer" with the added requirement of generating on-site retail sales.
- September 3 – Jason Lee “Jay” Shifflett was murdered in the early morning hours during a home invasion robbery at his residence in the 1500 block of Carlton Avenue.
- September 18 – Renowned University of Virginia neurosurgeon Dr. John A. Jane Sr. died in Charlottesville at the age of 83.
- Web. Charlottesville City Council Minutes for September 8, 2015, Council Minutes, City of Charlottesville, retrieved October 20, 2019.
- Web. CPD Detectives Continue to Seek Information About Jay Shifflett Murder Case, staff, News Article, Charlottesville Police News, September 3, 2020, retrieved September 7, 2020.