Jump to navigation Jump to search
- October 18 – The remains of Hannah Graham are found on property in Albemarle County near Walnut Creek Park 
- November 19 – Rolling Stone published the now retracted magazine article by Sabrina Erdely titled "A Rape on Campus" about an alleged gang rape of a University of Virginia (UVA) student, Jackie. Jackie's account generated much media attention, and UVA President Teresa Sullivan suspended all fraternities.  Rolling Stone retracted the story in its entirety on April 5, 2015.
- November 20 – A University of Virginia fraternity house at the center of the Rolling Stone magazine article "A Rape on Campus: A Brutal Assault and Struggle for Justice at UVA" was vandalized. The words "suspend us" was spray painted onto the front of the house on Madison Lane. Other graffiti on the building read "UVA Center for Rape Studies" and "Stop Raping People". Several windows were also been broken at the house. 
- December 4 – At the Charlottesville City School Board Ms. Blount made a motion, seconded by Ms. Puryear, to approve a school board salary increase to $5,300 for the School Board Chair and $4,500 for other Board Members. Upon a roll call vote being taken, the vote was: Ms. Blount, Ms. McKeever, Mr. Michie, Ms. Puryear, and Mr. Wade voting yes. Ms. Laufer and Ms. Neale voting no. The motion passed. 5 – 2 
- ↑ Web. Remains found during search for Graham; no official ID made, Bryan McKenzie, Daily Progress, Media General, October 18, 2014, retrieved October 18, 2022.
- ↑ "Rolling Stone and UVA: The Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism Report. An anatomy of a journalistic failure". | https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/rolling-stone-and-uva-the-columbia-university-graduate-school-of-journalism-report-44930/ April 5, 2015. Archived from the original on September 24, 2018. Retrieved July 20, 2022. "With [the publication of this article], we are officially retracting 'A Rape on Campus.'
- ↑ "UVA Fraternity House Vandalized", WVIR-TV, November 20, 2014, archived from the original on March 22, 2016 | https://web.archive.org/web/20160322070307/http://www.nbc29.com/story/27439468/uva-fraternity-house-vandalized | retrieved July 20, 2022.
- ↑ Web. MINUTES, BUSINESS MEETING OF THE SCHOOL BOARD, CHARLOTTESVILLE CITY SCHOOLS, CHARLOTTESVILLE CITY SCHOOLS, Thursday, December 4, 2014 (5:00 PM), retrieved May 26, 2023.