The population of the City of Charlottesville in 2010, according to that year's census, was 43,475. According to the same census, the population of Albemarle County in 2010 was 98,970.
- February 4 – Notice issued by the U.S. Postal Service of plans to close the Charlottesville distribution center and consolidate into the Sandston Processing and Distribution Center, near Richmond.
- April 5 – Ralph Leon Jackson opens fire on two people parked at a Blue Ridge Parkway overlook, murdering WNRN DJ Tim Davis and injuring a young woman. 
- June 14 – Piedmont Virginia Community College opens Stultz Center for Business and Career Development 
- July 28 – Albemarle County holds roundtable discussion on revising site plan review process to speed up approvals 
- December 6 – Charlottesville City Council (2010-2011) appointed Maurice Jones as the Charlottesville City Manager. <ref>Web. More Mo: Jones in as city manager, Lisa Provence, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, December 3, 2018, retrieved December 6, 2021. Print. December 9, 2018 .
- Web. Man Who Shot Two on Blue Ridge Parkway Sentenced, Press Release, Federal Bureau of Investigation, June 9, 2011, retrieved April 20, 2021.
- Web. PVCC opens career center, Brian McNeill, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, retrieved August 28, 2021.
- Web. Roundtable discusses streamlined site plan and subdivision review process in Albemarle, Bridgett Lynn, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 4, 2010, retrieved March 14, 2020.