Jump to navigation Jump to search
The population of the City of Charlottesville in 2010, according to that year's census, was 43,475. According to the same census, the population of Albemarle County in 2010 was 98,970.
- February 4 – Notice issued by the U.S. Postal Service of plans to close the Charlottesville distribution center and consolidate into the Sandston Processing and Distribution Center, near Richmond.
- April 5 – Ralph Leon Jackson opens fire on two people parked at a Blue Ridge Parkway overlook, murdering WNRN DJ Tim Davis and injuring a young woman. 
- June 14 – Piedmont Virginia Community College opens Stultz Center for Business and Career Development 
- July 28 – Albemarle County holds roundtable discussion on revising site plan review process to speed up approvals 
- December 6 – Charlottesville City Council (2010-2011) appointed Maurice Jones as the Charlottesville City Manager. 
- Web. Man Who Shot Two on Blue Ridge Parkway Sentenced, Press Release, Federal Bureau of Investigation, June 9, 2011, retrieved April 20, 2021.
- Web. PVCC opens career center, Brian McNeill, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, retrieved August 28, 2021.
- Web. Roundtable discusses streamlined site plan and subdivision review process in Albemarle, Bridgett Lynn, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 4, 2010, retrieved March 14, 2020.
- Web. More Mo: Jones in as city manager, Lisa Provence, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, December 3, 2018, retrieved December 6, 2021. Print. December 9, 2018 .