- March 19 – Charlottesville City Council approves resolution for the city to join ICLEI, estimate greenhouse gas emissions in the city, and establish an emissions reduction target. 
- September 17 – City officials agreed to rezone the land from the West Main North to the Downtown Corridor zoning. 
- November 6 – Albemarle County held local elections for three seats on the Board of Supervisors, four seats on the Albemarle County School Board, as well as for Albemarle County Commonwealth's Attorney, Albemarle County Sheriff, and Soil and Water Director, Thomas Jefferson District.
- November 6 – The City of Charlottesville held elections for three seats on City Council, three seats on the Charlottesville City School Board, and Soil and Water Director, Thomas Jefferson District. Previously, local elections were held on the 1st Tuesday in May.
- December 5 – Albemarle Board of Supervisors adopts Cool Counties resolution, directs staff to develop a greenhouse gas emissions inventory and utilize software tools supported by ICLEI. 
- Web. Charlottesville City Council meeting minutes, .pdf, Council Chambers, City of Charlottesville, March 19, 2007.
- Web. 002-5082 Carr's Hill / University of Virginia President’s House, Virginia Landmarks Register, August 13, 2018, retrieved January 18, 2020.
- Web. Charlottesville City Council meeting minutes, .pdf, Council Chambers, City of Charlottesville, September 17, 2007.
- Web. County of Albemarle, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors Minutes, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, Albemarle County, December 5, 2007, retrieved February 5, 2021.