- May 4 – City of Charlottesville held elections for three seats on the City Council. Political newcomers Kendra Hamilton and David E. Brown would join incumbent Kevin J. Lynch, Blake Caravati and Rob Schilling on the council in July. 
- July 19 – City Council designated in an Ordinance to change the City Council elections from May, as provided for by charter, to the date of the November General Election, beginning in 2007. 
- December 1 – Albemarle Board of Supervisors adopts Crozet Master Plan 
- December 15 – The Paramount Theater re-opened after an $18 million renovation &ndash more than thirty years after it had closed in 1974. Illumination of the blade sign took place on December 15, 2015.
- June 9 – Roosevelt "Rosie" Brown, a native of the City of Charlottesville and one of the premier offensive linemen in U.S. pro football from 1953 to 1965.
- Web. Historical Elections Database, Website, Virginia Department of Elections, retrieved April 29, 2021.
- Web. Charlottesville City Council meeting minutes, .pdf, Council Chambers, City of Charlottesville, July 19, 2004, page 4.
- Web. County of Albemarle, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors Minutes, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, Albemarle County, December 1, 2004, retrieved September 3, 2020.