This article is a date listing important or significant events that happened (or will happen) on events for the year 1971
- April 13 – In an effort to sway public opinion, the city holds Mall Day to provide a glimpse of life with a pedestrian mall.
- July 2 – Christ Episcopal Church added to National Register of Historic Places 
- September 16 – Albemarle Board of Supervisors voted 4-2 to adopt the county's first Comprehensive Plan 
- November 16 – Castle Hill in Albemarle County listed on the Virginia Landmarks Register 
- August 9 – Michael Crafaik, local restaurateur who twice ran as a Republican candidate for Charlottesville City Council. 
- Web. Timeline: Major Downtown Mall developments, Staff reports, News Article, The Daily Progress, retrieved September 19, 2020.
- Web. 002-0014 Christ Episcopal Church, Glendower, Virginia Landmarks Register, December 12, 2019, retrieved July 2, 2021.
- Web. County of Albemarle, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors Minutes, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, Albemarle County, September 16, 1971, retrieved February 5, 2021.
- Web. 002-0012 Castle Hill, Virginia Landmarks Register, April 4, 2018, retrieved January 18, 2020.
- Web. J. Michael Crafaik III, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, December 14, 2008, retrieved September 26, 2020.