Jump to navigation Jump to search
- July 9 – Gunther "Dutch" Vogt, former Charlottesville Mayor and City Councilor (1966-1970) 
- October 19 – Charles Keck’s equestrian statue of Gen. Thomas Jonathan “Stonewall” Jackson was unveiled in front of a crowd of more than 5,000 people. An interesting figure at the Reunion was Rev. William Mack Lee, General Robert E. Lee's cook and body servant of the Civil War.
- November 3 – The George Rogers Clark statue was unveiled. Located on University Avenue in the Corner district on the grounds of University of Virginia in Charlottesville. It was funded by Paul Goodloe McIntire and sculpted by Robert Ingersoll Aitken. ;Removed by the University of Virginia on July 11, 2021.
- ↑ Web. Gunther A. "Dutch" Vogt, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, May 6, 2027, retrieved September 23, 2021.
- ↑ https://v3.lib.virginia.edu/catalog/uva-lib:2120387/view#openLayer/uva-lib:2120388/4508/3346/2/1/0
- ↑ Web. UVA and the History of Race: The George Rogers Clark Statue and Native Americans, Christian McMillen, News Article, UVA Today, July 27, 2020, retrieved August 8, 2020.