10th & Page
|10th & Page|
*Confirm attendance boundaries for individual homes with school divisions
10th & Page is a Charlottesville neighborhood named for a street intersection near the center of the neighborhood.
|This article documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.|
Much of the neighborhood was developed by John West, an emancipated slave who purchased land and subdivided it for African American families in the late 19th and early 20th century. The neighborhood was kept predominantly Black throughout the 20th century due to the work of people like Charles H. Brown who sought to ensure ownership stayed within African American families. 
The City worked with the Piedmont Housing Alliance to purchase thirteen single family homes for renovation. Some of these properties have been resold to individual families in the hopes of increasing a family-oriented neighborhood.[when?]
In the spring of 2016, the city of Charlottesville is adjusting the roadway as part of a project funded through the federal Community Development Block Grant program.
- Document depicting locations for 10th and Page curb extensions in streetscape project funded through Community Development Block Grant
- Document depicting typical section for 10th and Page bulb-outs in streetscape project funded through Community Development Block Grant
- Document depicting plan for 10th and Page curb extensions in streetscape project funded through Community Development Block Grant
- Details of 10th and Page streetscape project funded through Community Development Block Grant
- "10th & Page." Charlottesville Community Design Center. Charlottesville Community Design Center, n.d. Web. 9 July 2009. <http://www.cvilledesign.org/>.
- Web. Historical survey for 10th and Page neighborhood delayed, Nolan Stout, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 28, 2019, retrieved November 29, 2019. Print. November 29, 2019 page A1.
- Web. Residents hesitant to support 10th and Page historical survey, Nolan Stout, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, December 6, 2019, retrieved December 7, 2019. Print. December 6, 2019 page A1.
- Neighborhood page City of Charlottesville.
- 10th & Page on CityData.com
- 10th and Page Neighborhood Plan from 2006
- 1999 Preston Avenue Plan by Gate Pratt
|← 10th & Page →|
|Jefferson Park Avenue||Fifeville||Starr Hill|