Venable Elementary School
Venable Elementary School is one of six elementary schools in the City of Charlottesville's school system.
The school opened in 1925 to serve the neighborhood around the University of Virginia. Venable is named for Colonel Charles Scott Venable, a Civil War soldier and professor of mathematics at the University of Virginia.
School Population (June 2010
- Enrollment: 267
- Asian/Pacifi c Islander: 6%
- Black: 26.6%
- Hispanic: 4.1%
- White: 53.6%
- Unspecified: 9.7%
- ESL students: 20.3%
- Gifted students: 30.3%
- Special Education students: 6.7%
- Pupil/teacher ratio: 20:1
- Web. About Venable School, City of Charlottesville Schools, retrieved September 20, 1010.
- Web. Venable principal resigns; reason unknown, Rachana Dixit, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, September 17, 2010, retrieved September 20, 2010.
- Web. Venable Elementary names new principal, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, April 12, 2011, retrieved April 12, 2011.
- Web. Venable Elementary School, retrieved 25 June 2012.
|City of Charlottesville Public Schools|
|Elementary schools||Burnley-Moran Elementary School • Clark Elementary School • Greenbrier Elementary School • Jackson-Via Elementary School • Johnson Elementary School • Venable Elementary School|
|Upper schools||Walker Upper Elementary School • Buford Middle School • Charlottesville High School|
|See also||Charlottesville School Board|