United Way Thomas Jefferson Area
“United Way-Thomas Jefferson Area serves community members with the greatest need, or at the greatest risk, in ways that make our entire community a better place to live for the long term.”
|An article on Wikipedia has information about The United Way in areas beyond Albemarle County's borders.|
United Way-Thomas Jefferson Area brings together community leaders, nonprofit organizations, volunteers and businesses to assess and focus on School Readiness, Self-Sufficiency and Community Health. We mobilize the resources—human, technical and financial—to provide a concerted, coordinated effort to address these impact areas. United Way-Thomas Jefferson Area serves: Charlottesville, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Nelson.
Here is the most recent annual report 
Day of Caring
One of the signature events of the United Way is the Laurence E. Richardson Day of Caring.
United Way Thomas Jefferson Area was formed in 1943 by the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce and was called the Charlottesville War and Community Fund. The name was changed several times from the Community Chest to the United Givers Fund then to the present name, The United Way.
- Cathy Train, President
- Caroline Emerson, Vice President and Campaign Director
- Jon Nafziger, Vice President for Community Initiatives
- Lisa Frazier, Director of Finance and Administration
- Kim Connolly, Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Alaina Schroeder, Data Manager and Board Liason
- Martha Trujillo, Community Services Specialist
- Helen Frye, Medication Assistance Caseworker
- Leigha Rae, Data Assistant
- Jessica Snyder, Volunteer Center Director
- Jessie Ray, Smart Beginnings Director
- Mary McGregor, Children's Health Insurance Outreach Worker
Board of Directors
- 806 East High Street
- Charlottesville, VA 22902
United Way's Charlottesville office:
- Web. , The United Way, Facebook, retrieved 7 May 2012.
|This article relies on references to primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject, rather than references from independent authors and third-party publications. Please add citations from reliable sources.|