University of Virginia Research Park
The University of Virginia Research Park, formerly named the UVA North Fork Research Park, is a 562-acre, 3-million-square-foot, fully masterplanned, mixed-use development zoned for office, light industry, hotel and conference center, medical and pharmaceutical labs, and to support commercial uses including retail. The park is owned and managed by the University of Virginia Foundation.
The park will expand by 30 acres allowing for an additional 700,000 square feet of commercial, office, and industrial uses pending[when?] a rezoning approval by the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
- Web. UVA Research Park, UVa Foundation, retrieved 4 Mar 2011.
- Web. RE: ZMA-95-04 The University of Virginia Real Estate Foundation, Ronald Keeler, Chief of Planning, Albemarle County, June 14, 1996, retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Web. UVA North Fork Research Park expansion gets okay from Albemarle Planning Commission, Tubbs, Sean J., Charlottesville Tomorrow News Center, Charlottesville Tomorrow, 19 Aug. 2009, retrieved 20 Nov 2009.
- Web. Two Biotech Start-Ups Begin Operations at the UVA Research Park, County of Albemarle, July 16, 2013, retrieved August 1, 2013.
- Web. Government contractor opens office at UVa Research Park, Bryan McKenzie, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, retrieved October 25, 2010.