Route 250 Bypass
The Route 250 Bypass is the largely limited-access portion of U.S. Route 250 north of the business route. The four-lane highway runs east-west through the city of Charlottesville between Hydraulic Road and the Albemarle County boundary at Free Bridge.
|This Transportation-related article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Challenges to speed limit
The speed limit on the road is sign-posted at 35 miles per hour. In the spring of 2012, six motorists who received speeding tickets filed a motion to have their violations dismissed because the speed limit is artificially low. The plaintiffs want to be able to see a copy of a 1967 engineering study which was conducted in order to have the speed limit set at 35 mph as opposed to the 55 mph the road is designed for. 
Interchanges and intersections
From west to east, access to the bypass is from the following exchanges:
- U.S. Route 29 bypass and U.S. Route 250 business (Ivy Road).
- Leonard Sandridge Road eastbound access only.
- Barracks Road
- U.S. Route 29 (Emmet Street)
- Hydraulic Road
- Dairy Road
- McIntire Park and Rugby Avenue
- McIntire Road, site of the Meadowcreek Parkway Interchange
- Park Street
- Long Street
- High Street
- ↑ Web. Accused speeders demand to see city study that set speed limit, Daily Progress Staff Reports, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, April 4, 2012, retrieved April 10, 2012.