Panorama Farms is an estate in Earlysville, Virginia named for its views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Panorama Farms was established in 1953 by James Murray and his wife, Jean Brundred Murray, who moved to the area from New York. The farm was a conventional farm for many years invested in agricultural endeavors, and in 1996 the Murray family established Panorama Pay-Dirt, a company that produces and sells quality compost for the local area.
In July 2012 the Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority announced plans to begin dredging the South Fork Rivanna Reservoir. Orion Marine Construction Incorporated has stated that materials culled from the reservoir will be pumped to Panorama Farms' Pay-Dirt operation and excess water will be returned to the reservoir. However, while the Farm has been surveyed by engineers from the firm, no business relationship exists as yet.
In addition to Panorama Pay-Dirt and Panorama Events, Inc., Panorama Farms hosts eight cross-country events per year on their 5k, 6k, and 8k courses. Panorama also lends their tracks to local high school and the University of Virginia track teams for training.
Panorama also hosts the A.R.C. Natural History Day Camp for local elementary school students. Sponsored by the Albemarle Garden Club, the Rivanna Garden Club, the Charlottesville Garden Club, and the Piedmont Environmental Council, the camp endeavors to teach children about wildlife and natural history by exploring the wilderness surrounding Panorama Farms.
Panorama Farms is located in Earlysville, Virginia.
- ↑ Web. About the Farm, Panorama Events, retrieved June 7, 2012.
- ↑ Web. Panorama Farms to begin hosting weddings, Ian M. Lamb, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 8, 2012, retrieved June 15, 2012.
- ↑ Web. RWSA in talks to dredge South Fork reservoir, Courtney Beale & Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, July 27, 2012, retrieved July 30, 2012.
- ↑ Web. Panorama Farms wants answers on dredging, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 6, 2012, retrieved August 8, 2012.
- ↑ Web. About the Farm, Panorama Pay-Dirt, retrieved June 7, 2012.
- ↑ Web. About A.R.C. Natural History Day Camp, A.R.C. Natural History Day Camp, retrieved June 7, 2012.