Old Trail Village
Old Trail Village is a mixed-use community created by the Beights Corporation that is under construction in Crozet. Old Trail includes multiple sections built by multiple builders, a golf course, a shopping village and other amenities.
Old Trail was approved by the Board of Supervisors in September 2005 with approximately 25,000 square feet of mixed commercial use, and 250,000 square feet in other commercial uses.Over 2,200 potential dwellings are possible.
Old Trail is owned by Jay and Suzanne Jessup as well as Gaylon and Justin Beights. The Beights retain a financial share in the project but are no longer active partners. The Jessups hired Manchester Capital Management LLC in May 2012 to revisit the master plan. Old Trail has a total build-out of 2,200. 
County officials originally thought that Old Trail's primary audience would be older people without children, but actual demographics have caused concern that Brownsville Elementary School is not large enough to handle the demand for spaces. 
In 2009, the developer of Old Trail reported $18.9 million in sales, a 29% increase over the previous year. 
In 2011, the Beights Corporation sold 84 homes for a total of $37.3 million in sales. 
- ↑ Web. [http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/forms_center/departments/community_development/forms/PC_Reports/COMP_PLAN_UPDATED_10-11_STAFF_REPORT3.pdf CPA 2013-00001 COMPREHENSIVE PLAN REVISION Part 2: Trends], Table 6: Residential Units Approved through Rezonings and Special Use Permits, County of Albemarle, September 28, 2011, retrieved October 11, 2011.
- ↑ Web. Crozet Master Plan, Chapter 3, October 13, 2010, retrieved October 18, 2010.
- ↑ Web. New Management Takes Over Old Trail Development, Mike Marshall, Crozet Gazette, Crozet Gazette, June 7, 2012, retrieved June 12, 2012. Print. June 7, 2012 .
- ↑ Web. About the Lodge, The Lodge at Old Trail, retrieved September 16, 2011.
- ↑ Web. Flag Raising Ceremony Marks Opening of The Lodge, Mike Marshall, Crozet Gazette, Crozet Gazette, June 7, 2012, retrieved June 12, 2012. Print. June 7, 2012 .
- ↑ Web. Albemarle school redistricting panels developing options, Aaron Richardson, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 24, 2012, retrieved November 26, 2012.
- ↑ Old Trail Village, Annual Report, December 2009. Rep. Web. <http://www.oldtrailvillage.com/images/pdfs/OTV%20Report%20Annual_Release.pdf>.
- ↑ Web. 2011 home sales up in Crozet's Old Trail Village, Nate Deseline III, Work It C'Ville, Media General, February 8, 2012, retrieved February 9, 2012.