Department of Neighborhood Development Services
Charlottesville's Department of Neighborhood Development Services manages planning, zoning, and development in the city. The department in its current form was created in 1998 through a consolidation of several other departments.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
"To safeguard the interests and wellbeing of Charlottesville's neighborhoods through world-class customer services that provide community-oriented engineering, proactive code enforcement, and collaborative neighborhood planning."
The department is charged with assisting developers seeking to build in the City of Charlottesville.
The office is located on the 2nd Floor of City Hall, with an entrance on Market Street. The mailing address is:
- Neighborhood Development Services
- 610 East Market Street
- P.O. Box 911
- Charlottesville, VA 22902
- 434-970-3182; 434-970-3359 (fax)
- Missy Creasy, interim Director
- Brian Haluska
- Carrie Rainey
- Heather Poole
- Angela Tucker
- Ebony Walden
- Tarpley Vest
- Michael Smith
- Ashley Cooper
- Web. Sandy Springs names James Tolbert assistant city manager, Reporter Newspapers, Reporter Newspapers, January 8, 2015, retrieved January 10, 2015.
- Charlottesville Neighborhood Development Services