John Casteen III
|John T.Casteen III|
7th President of the University of Virginia
|Term End||July 31, 2010|
|Preceded by||Robert O'Neill|
|Succeeded by||Teresa Sullivan|
|Alma mater|| B.A. from University of Virginia (1965)
M.A. from University of Virginia (1966)
John Thomas Casteen III was the 7th president of the University of Virginia. He left office on July 31, 2010.
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
|This topic is well-covered by the wikipedia article John T. Casteen III|
Casteen received three degrees in English from the University of Virginia (BA in 1965, MA in 1966 and PhD in 1973).
Casteen served as Virginia's Secretary of Education from 1982 to 1985. Following that position, he was president of the University of Connecticut.
On June 12, 2009, Casteen announced he would retire from the presidency of UVa effective August 1, 2009.
- "John T. Casteen III Biography, Office of the President, U.Va." University of Virginia. Web. 20 Nov. 2009. <http://www.virginia.edu/president/biography.html>.
- McNeill, Brian. "Casteen to retire next summer." Charlottesville Daily Progress. Charlottesville Daily Progress, 13 June 2009. Web. 17 June 2009. <http://www.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/article/casteen_to_retire_next_summer/41497/>.
- Web. Paul Goodloe McIntire Citizenship Award, Website, Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce, retrieved November 13, 2017.
- Web. Casteen Accepts Citizenship Award, WVIR NBC 29, November 18, 2009, retrieved November 13, 2017.
- McKenzie, Bryan. "Casteen surprised with McIntire award." Charlottesville Daily Progress. Charlottesville Daily Progress, 19 November 2009. Web. 20 November 2009. <http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/article/casteen_surprised_with_mcintire_award/49081/>.