JAUNT Inc. is a regional transportation system providing service to the citizens of Charlottesville, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Nelson, and Buckingham counties. JAUNT runs a sixty-four vehicle fleet that carries the general public, agency clients, senior citizens and people with disabilities throughout Central Virginia.
JAUNT was organized in 1975 under the name Jefferson Area United Transportation. It has served 8 million passengers. 
JAUNT is owned by the local governments it serves and uses federal, state and local funding to supplement fares and agency payments. In 2010, it began providing rides from Culpeper to Charlottesville in collaboration with the Foothills Area Mobility system.
Hollymead Transit Route
|This article documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.|
JAUNT launched a commuter route from Hollymead Town Center to the University of Virginia and Downtown Transit Center in 2016 called the Route 29 Express. The agency funded te service in part through a proffer for a section of the center known as A-1. However, developer Wendell Wood is asking that the proffer be amended. 
The service launched on May 2, 2016. 
Fluvanna County experienced significant budget shortfalls for the 2013 fiscal year, resulting in complete cuts to funding for JAUNT and end of service in Fluvanna July 1 2012. In 2011 JAUNT provided about 21,000 trips to Fluvanna residents and operated an afterschool activity shuttle bus service for county schools.
- Ike Eichling, Executive Director c. 1975
- Web. Nelson resident honored as JAUNT's 8 millionth trip passenger, Staff Reports, Lynchburg News and Advance, retrieved November 5, 2014.
- Web. New service buses patients to Charlottesville, Rhonda Simons, Culpeper Star-Exponent, November 9, 2010, retrieved November 9, 2010.
- Web. Hollymead developer seeks changes to transit proffer, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, April 23, 2016, retrieved April 25, 2016.
- Web. Albemarle County Announces 29 Express Route Starting May 2, Press Release, Albemarle County, April 28, 2016, retrieved January 2, 2017.
- Web. JAUNT to end bus service in Fluvanna, Bryan McKenzie, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, May 9 2012