Hollymead Town Center
Hollymead Town Center is a mixed-use development located about seven miles north of Charlottesville along Route 29 North. As of 2011, while it consists of a shopping center with standard big box store tenants, plans to include residential units have been approved.
The developer, Wendell Wood, received approval for Hollymead Town Center from the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors in July of 2003. Since then, other sections of the town center have been rezoned, each under different zoning categories.
At one point, the development was expected to have a 12-screen movie theater, but the plans were scrapped. Wood claims this is because the potential tenant, Great Escapes, did not like the traffic patterns within the development. 
Potential residential build-out
Hollymead Town Center Area A-2 has a total capacity of 1,227 units. Hollymead Town Center Area C has a total capacity of 120 dwelling units and 34 have been built. 
In early 2012, Wood told a reporter that Hollymead will not see its full residential build out before 2020. 
- August 6, 2003: Board of Supervisors approves rezoning. 
- January 11, 2011: Albemarle Planning Commission recommends amendment of proffers to change required timing of construction of Meeting Street. Also recommends halving of amount developer must contribute towards transit.  Meeting notes
- January 12, 2011: Board of Supervisors approves proffer amendment allowing delay of construction of Meeting Street, but does not follow commission's recommendation on transit funding.  Meeting notes
- March 10, 2011: 90,000 square foot Kohl's department store opens.  Wood tells the Daily Progress that he has other tenants lined up and the center will soon be at 90% capacity.
- ↑ http://cvilletomorrow.typepad.com/charlottesville_tomorrow_/2006/09/htcproffers.html Charlottesville Tomorrow, 8 Jan 2009
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Web. Hollymead movie theater falls through; Town center continues to fill out, Kurt Walters, Charlottesville Tomorrow, January 15, 2012, retrieved January 17, 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Web. [http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/forms_center/departments/community_development/forms/PC_Reports/COMP_PLAN_UPDATED_10-11_STAFF_REPORT3.pdf CPA 2013-00001 COMPREHENSIVE PLAN REVISION Part 2: Trends], Table 6: Residential Units Approved through Rezonings and Special Use Permits, County of Albemarle, September 28, 2011, retrieved October 11, 2011.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Web. New Kohl’s store still on schedule after Hollymead proffer amendment, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, January 13, 2011, retrieved February 1, 2011.
- ↑ Web. Kohl's continues U.S. 29 growth, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, retrieved March 11, 2011.