Great Eastern Management Company
Great Eastern Management Company is a real estate management and property developer of office, retail and multi-family residential properties in Charlottesville, Harrisonburg and Lynchburg. The company employees around forty full-time employees. .
|This article documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.|
In March 2013, the company filed a lawsuit against Charlottesville, Albemarle County, and Edens alleging that the development of Stonefield would flood Seminole Square. their They are joined in the lawsuit by the company that owns the Pepsi Cola Bottling Facility.
Great Eastern and its affiliated business entities have developed Stonehenge, Bennington Woods, Georgetown Court and Grassmere Farm, developed and constructed a General Electric facility in the Northside Industrial Park, a Division of Motor Vehicles branch office, a terminal expansion for the Charlottesville/Albemarle Airport, the 2400 Old Ivy Road Office Building, the Court Square Office Building, the Pantops and Seminole Square Shopping Centers, and the Module 21, Westgate, Barclay Place and Solomon Court Apartments. Great Eastern also renovated the Tarleton Square Building (apartments and offices) and joint ventured with the Charlotte, N.C. firm of David R. Krug and Associates, Inc. to successfully convert the Charlottesville Towers Apartments to a condominium.
- Barclay Place
- Georgetown Court
- Grassmere Farm
- Solomon Court Condominiums
- Tarleton Square Apartments
- Westgate Apartments
Neighborhood Model Developments
Retail Shopping Centers
- Charles Rotgin, Jr., President and CEO
- Donald J. Wagner Vice Chairman and former President
- Richard S. Shank Architect and partner in development activities.
- E. Stephen Hopkins, Jr. Executive Vice President and Manager of Investment Properties.
- Donald P. Shiflett Secretary/Controller
- Andrew F. Boninti Responsible for leasing of commercial properties
- Dotty N. Hopkins Director of Residential Properties
- Kristin P. Peura Manager, Commercial Administration and Director of Information Technology
- Darnell Taylor Manager, Facilities and Maintenance
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 GEMC Background information Blue Ridge Shopping Center, Great Eastern Management Company, 27 Mar. 2009. retrieved 10 July 2009.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Charlottesville and Albemarle's top 10 private property owners Chiara Canzi, C-Ville Weekly, 3/24/09, retrieved 10 Jun 2009.
- ↑ Web. Businesses near Stonefield file suit against Albemarle and Charlottesville, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, March 25, 2013, retrieved March 27, 2013.
- ↑ Principals of GEMC, Blue Ridge Shopping Center. Great Eastern Management Company, 27 Mar. 2009. 4 July 2009.