Gary B. O'Connell
O'Connell holds a Masters Degree in Public Administration from the University of Tennessee, and is a graduate of Hampden-Sydney College.
Before coming to Charlottesville, O'Connell served six years as Assistant City Manager of Maryville, Tennessee. In Charlottesville, prior to becoming City Manager, he served 14 years as Deputy City Manager.
O'Connell is married with three children.
As executive director of the ACSA, O'Connell serves on the following boards:
O'Connell also serves on the boards of a variety of other community organizations, including:
- Rotary Club of Charlottesville
- The United Way Thomas Jefferson Area
- Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce
- ↑ Web. Charlottesville City Manager Gary O'Connell to lead Albemarle's water authority, Brian Wheeler, News Center, Charlottesville Tomorrow, January 28, 2010
- ↑ City of Charlottesville. Office of Communications. City of Charlottesville to Name Acting City Manager During the Next City Council Meeting. City of Charlottesville. City of Charlottesville, 9 Feb. 2010. Web. 9 Feb. 2010. <http://www.charlottesville.org/>.