Free Union Community Hall

From Cvillepedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Logo-small25.jpg This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.

The Free Union Community Hall, also known as the Harris Store, is estimated to have been constructed around 1850 and is one of the oldest buildings in Free Union. The structure was originally built by James Harris for use as a plantation home. Since then it has been used for a variety of different commercial activities, including a cabinet maker and wheelwright's shop. It then began to be used as a store, as well as a post office, a community hall, a library and other civic uses.

Since 1961, the building has been used primarily for storage.[1]. It is owned by Bruce Campbell. There are currently[when?] plans to renovate the store[2].

External links

Notes

  1. "Free Union Community History." Free Union Community. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 July 2009. <http://freeunion.com/>.
  2. "Historic Building Being Saved." Free Union Community. Free Union Community, n.d. Web. 10 July 2009. <http://www.freeunion.com/>.