Forest Hills Park
- an open recreation field,
- paved neighborhood trail,
- a number of picnic facilities, including a picnic shelter and outdoor grills,
- playground equipment,
- two full basketball courts
The city acquired the property from J. Hubert and Dorothy Carver in 1955.
The 2005 Parks and Recreation Needs Assessment determined that the Forest Hills wading pool was in need of major repair or replacement. In 2008, with the assistance of the Timmons Group a master plan was developed that included a sprayground to replace the wading pool, the addition of walking trails through the park, and a new picnic pavilion. As of July 2009, the park is closed until these renovations are complete. Parks and Recreation director Brian Daly has said construction should end by spring 2010. The Virginia Recreation and Park Society issued a "Best New Renovation" award for the park.  
A 14-year-old boy shot a 13-year-old girl in September 2010, though he was aiming for another boy.
- Forest Hills Park record from the City Assessor.
- Forest Hills Park, City of Charlottesville, retrieved 3 Jul 2009.
- "Charlottesville to Reopen Renovated Forest Hills Park | Charlottesville Daily Progress." Charlottesville News, Sports, Business, Events and Jobs | Charlottesville Daily Progress. Web. 07 May 2010. <http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/article/charlottesville_to_reopen_renovated_forest_hills_park/55862/>.
- Web. Charlottesville Parks and Recreation Update for City Council, May 2013, Brian Daly, City of Charlottesville, retrieved May 10, 2013.
- Web. Charlottesville Comprehensive Plan, Chapter 10, City of Charlottesville, Charlottesville, Virginia, retrieved October 19, 2010.
- Forest Hills Park Planning, City of Charlottesville, retrieved 3 Jul 2009.
- Web. Sprayground breaking: Forest Hills Park project underway, Dave McNair, The Hook, Sept 22 2009
- Web. http://www.vrps.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=_qZr7AkvX3M%3d&tabid=40, Virginia Recreation and Parks Society, September 20, 2011, retrieved September 23, 2011.
- Web. Developer offers land to increase size of Forest Hills Park, Tarpley Ashworth, Charlottesville Tomorrow, November 02, 2009
- Web. Boy, 14, in court in Forest Hills shooting, Tasha Kates, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, September 29, 2010, retrieved September 29, 2010.