Fashion Square Mall
Fashion Square Mall is an enclosed retail shopping mall developed by Leonard L. Farber at the southwest corner of US 29 and Rio Road, in Albemarle County, that opened in 1980. Operated by the Simon Property Group since 1997, the mall offers 570,000 square feet of commercial retail area. It is operated by the Simon Property Group.
|This topic is well-covered by the wikipedia article Charlottesville Fashion Square|
Violence at the mall
The mall has been the center of large fights among teenagers and young adults. In March 2010 the mall had to be closed because of a large melee involving over 100 individuals.
The mall's management company, Simon Property Group, came under fire following an attempted child abduction that was not reported to police by mall security. A man had grabbed a two-year-old girl in late November 2012. After catching him, security officers let him go and did not report him to authorities. 
- Web. Simon Malls - Shopping Malls, Simon Property Group, retrieved 07 Mar. 2010.
- Web. Fashion Square turns 32 in the era of outdoor, pedestrian-oriented shopping, Nate Delesline, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, 3 March 2012, retrieved 4 March 2012. Print. 4 March 2012 page A2.
- Web. Retail Look , Urban Land, The Urban Land Institute, January 2006, retrieved 24 June 2009.
- Web. Mayorsville: Here, everybody's a mayor, Lisa Provence, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, 10 Aug. 2006, retrieved 2 May 2009.
- Web. Friday Night Fights Close Fashion Square, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, 6 Mar. 2010, retrieved 08 Mar. 2010..
- Web. Fashion Square's response criticized by PR experts, Graham Moomaw, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 27, 2012, retrieved November 29, 2012.