Diantha McKeel announcing her candidacy
Albemarle County Board of Supervisors
|Term Start||January 2014|
|Term End||December 2017|
|Preceded by||Dennis S. Rooker|
|Preceded by||Karen L. Powell|
Albemarle County School Board
|Preceded by||Steve Koleszar|
|Succeeded by||Gordon Walker|
|Date of birth|| April 7, 1950|
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
She previously served four terms as a member of the Albemarle County School Board representing the Jack Jouett Magisterial District. She announced she will seek election to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors and was endorsed by Dennis Rooker. 
Through May 29, 2013, McKeel had raised $19,742 in campaign funds, inluding a $5,000 donation from Rooker's campaign as well as a $5,000 donation fromm Sonjia Smith. Palmer raised $20,461 in campaign contributions between April and May 29, 2013. 
McKeel received the endorsement of the Albemarle County Democratic Committee in September 2013.
McKeel has won four elections for the Jack Jouett seat on the Albemarle School Board.
2013 election for Supervisor
|Diantha McKeel (I) (winner)||2,522||69.86|
|Phillip Seay (I)||1,070||29.64|
|Source: State Board of Elections|
|Candidate Profile Resources|
|Candidate||Diantha McKeel (I) - WINNER|
|Office||Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, Jack Jouett District|
|Election year||2013 election|
|Candidate interviews by Charlottesville Tomorrow|
|Candidate interview transcript|
|Candidate interview audio|
The media player is loading...
2009 election for School Board
|Diantha H. McKeel (I) incumbent||2,521||98.48|
|Source: Albemarle County|
2005 election for School Board
|Diantha H. McKeel (I) incumbent||2,771||98.89|
2001 election for School Board
|Diantha H. McKeel (I) incumbent||2,022||65.93|
|Cyndra H. Van Clief||1,039||33.88|
1997 election for School Board
|Diantha McKeel (I)||1,902|
- ↑ Web. Democrats gain advantage on Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, J. Reynolds Hutchins, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 5, 2013, retrieved November 5, 2013.
- ↑ Web. Rooker Not Running for Re-election, Charlottesville Newsplex, April 3, 2013, retrieved April 4, 2013.
- ↑ Web. Palmer, McKeel lead local candidates in fundraising, Daily Progress Staff Reports, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, June 7, 2013, retrieved June 10, 2013.
- ↑ Web. Local campaigns garner support from political parties, business PAC, Maggie Ambrose and Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow, September 22, 2013, retrieved October 3, 2013.
- ↑ Web. Albemarle County, Virginia State Board of Elections, retrieved November 11, 2013.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 E-mail. Schermerhorn, Clarice, Elections Manager, Albemarle County. "Official Results November 3, 2009 General Election.." Message to Charlottesville Tomorrow. 12 Nov. 2009.
- ↑ Unofficial election results as reported in The Daily Progress [Charlottesville] 5 Nov. 1997: B3. Print.