Charlottesville Planning Commission
The Charlottesville Planning Commission is a seven-member advisory board that advises Charlottesville City Council on matters and issues related to land use and urban planning in the city.
The role of the planning commission is to apply the content of the Comprehensive Plan to physical growth and development within city limits. The commission oversees any rezonings, special-use permits, site plans, and other development items that come before the city. The planning commission also serves as the Entrance Corridor Review Board (ERB).
The commission holds a regular meeting on the second Tuesday of each month, and and one work session each month.
- Genevieve Keller, Chair, Member since October 2007
- Dan Rosensweig, Vice Chair, Member since March 2008.
- Kurt Keesecker, Member since 2009
- Lisa Green, Member since 2010
- Michael Osteen, Member since October 2006
- John Santoski, Member since 2009
- Natasha Sienitsky, appointed August 2011 
- Main article: List of City Planning Commissioners
2008 workload changes
In 2008, the Planning Commission's workload was changed as part of a process to streamline the city's development review process. The intent behind the change is to spend less time on specific site plan approvals and leave more time to focus on general zoning issues.
Relations with Albemarle County Planning Commission
The City Planning Commission and the Albemarle County Planning Commission infrequently hold joint meetings to discuss issues that affect both jurisdictions.
In 2003, the City began a policy where at least one City Planning Commissioner would attend every meeting of the County Planning Commission. However, the policy did not last as this is no longer practice.
- ↑ "Dan Rosensweig named to City Planning Commission." Weblog post. Charlottesville Tomorrow News Center. Charlottesville Tomorrow, 10 Mar. 2008. Web. 8 June 2009. <http://cvilletomorrow.typepad.com/charlottesville_tomorrow_/2008/03/rosensweig.html>.
- ↑ Web. Fifeville resident appointed to Planning Commission, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 3, 2011, retrieved August 3, 2011.
- ↑ "http://cvilletomorrow.typepad.com/charlottesville_tomorrow_/2008/10/commission_streamlining.html." Weblog post. Charlottesville Tomorrow News Center. Charlottesville Tomorrow, 17 Oct. 2008. Web. 13 July 2009. <http://cvilletomorrow.typepad.com/charlottesville_tomorrow_/2008/10/commission_streamlining.html>.
- ↑ "Draft Minutes, City of Charlottesville, Planning Commission, December 9, 2003." City of Charlottesville. Web. 13 Aug. 2009. <http://www.charlottesville.org/Index.aspx?page=1106>.