Charlottesville Community Design Center
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
The Charlottesville Community Design Center is a Charlottesville-based organization that "uses the design process as a tool to help citizens create options for making the Charlottesville region a healthier, more equitable and beautiful community." The organization's last office was located in CitySpace in the Market Street Parking Garage.
In February 2011, CCDC announced it was closing its physical office and eliminating its staff. The organization will shift to being a volunteer effort and intends "to have a positive community impact, even if it doesn’t have its own space."
Programs and Activities
- Mandy Burbage, Executive Director (2010-February 2011), previously served as Project Manager starting in October 2007
- Jane Fisher, Executive Director (2007-2009)
- Katie Swenson, Executive Director (2004-2007)
Board of Directors
CCDC's Board of Directors:
- Stuart Armstrong, Executive Director, Piedmont Housing Alliance
- Evan Grimm, Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects
- Bob Moje, VMDO Architects
- Eugene Ryang, water street studio
- Kristen Suokko
- Kim Tanzer, William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor of Architecture - UVA School of Architecture
- Nisha Botchwey, Assistant Professor of Urban and Environmental Planning- UVA School of Architecture
- Dr. Matthew Trowbridge, Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine- UVA School of Medicine
In December 2010, the Charlottesville Area Community Foundation awarded CCDC $4,000 to plan for a campaign called "Charlottesville Good to Great."
- Web. Community design center closes doors, Bryan McKenzie, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, 1 March 2011, retrieved 1 March 2011.
- "Charlottesville Community Design Center." Charlottesville Community Design Center - Welcome. Web. 14 Oct. 2010. <http://www.cvilledesign.org/about_ccdc/index.cfm/fuseaction/ViewPage/page_id/11?CFID=3826790&CFTOKEN=21781824&>.
- Web. More than $500,000 in grants awarded, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, December 15, 2010, retrieved December 15, 2010.