Charlottesville Board of Elections
The Charlottesville Electoral Board is a three-member body appointed by the Charlottesville Circuit Court from nominations made by the Democratic and Republican parties. The chair comes from the party that most recently won the Governorship in Virginia. The Electoral Board is charged with conducting elections in Charlottesville and certifying the results. 
- Anne Hemenway, Democratic Party, Chair
- Patricia Maruna, Republican Party, Vice Chair
- James Nix, Democratic Party, Secretary
The Daily Progress reported in August 2014 that former member Joan Schatzman had turned over records that indicated former board member Stephanie Commander continued to use a cellphone paid for by the city more than three years after leaving service for a total of $2,530. 
Commander and Iachetta were both charged with felonies on September 15, 2014. 
- Web. Charlottesville paid cellphone bill of ex-official for 3 years, K. Burnell Evans, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, August 22, 2014, retrieved May 23, 2014.
- Web. Iachetta, Commander Arrested In Cell Phone Investigation - See more at: http://literockz951.com/news/064460-iachetta-commander-arrested-in-cell-phone-investigation/#sthash.PrHo5Tp8.dpuf, Charlottesville Police Department, Press Release, LiteRock Z95.1, September 17, 2014, retrieved September 17, 2014.