|Photo by Adam Sowers|
Bodo's Bagels (usually "Bodo's") is a trio of Charlottesville bagel shops serving "authentic New York water bagels". Opened by Brian Fox in 1988, Bodo's has three locations: Emmet Street, Preston Avenue, and The Corner.
Fox's first location was at 1418 Emmet St., which he bought in 1986, opening the store in July 1988. 
In 1990 Fox bought the home of a former restaurant, Rax, on Preston Avenue, but did not open this second location until 1993.
Fox infamously took 10 years to open Bodo's third and final location on the Corner, signing a lease in the spring of 1995, but not opening the doors until 2005. This delay was subject of an attempted boycott in 1999 by UVA student Adam Cohen. The location's front windows during this time sported signs that rotated from "coming" to "coming soon" and back to "coming" before finally opening. It was estimated that Fox paid $3,500 per month in rent during this time, meaning he would have paid around $420,000 in total while waiting to open the store.
Shortly after opening his third location in 2005, Fox sold the franchise in 2007, with each location becoming owned by its then-current manager. Today, all locations are jointly owned by the three owners.
The company began limited delivery in November 2014 through OrderUp. 
- Web. Bodo's Bagel Bakery, C-VILLE Weekly, retrieved 5 Dec, 2011.
- Web. Waiting for Bodo: Slow and savvy wins the race... if you ever finish [the unauthorized story], James D. Graham, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, March 28, 2002, retrieved December 5, 2011. Print. March 28, 2002 , Issue 8, .
- Web. All things come...: Ten years later, a Corner Bodo's, Hawes Spencer, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, June 23, 2005, retrieved December 5, 2011. Print. June 23, 2005 , Issue 425, .
- Web. ANNUAL MANUAL: Our Town- Hookipedia!, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, August 2, 2007, retrieved December 5, 2011. Print. August 2, 2007 , Issue 631, .
- Web. Local butcher shop expands; Pho comes to town; and Bodo’s delivers, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, November 11, 2014, retrieved November 12, 2014. Print. November 12, 2014 .