Beyond the Bars
The goal of ACRJ Inmates Programs is to provide programs that address inmate education needs and the utilization of leisure time.
As the Director of Programs for the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail, it is my mission to develop, implement, and maintain a continuance of programs that inmates are either required or may request to participate in during their incarceration.
In doing so, it is the goal of this facility to provide programs that address inmate education needs, the utilization of leisure-time, and to assist in their successful transition back into their communities, their families, and their workplaces as productive citizens, in an effort to reduce the recidivism rate in our corrections facilities.''—Phyllis Back, Director of Programs, Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail
Beyond the Bars programs include
- Celebrate Recovery Inside
- Culinary Arts Class
- Knitting & Crocheting Class
- McGuffey Arts Program
- Music & Poetry Class
- Offender Reentry Program
- Ready Set Cook
- Rhythm & Resiliency Class
- ↑ Web. Knitting program helps inmates give back to society, EILEEN ABBOTT, Charlottesville Daily Progress, December 21, 2011, retrieved February 15, 2012.
- ↑ Web. , Beyond the Bars, retrieved April 30, 2012.