Albemarle Square is a shopping center located in Albemarle County on the south east corner of the U.S. 29 and Rio Road intersection. It opened in 1976 and has 189,032 square feet of commercial space. 
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Batteries Plus
- Chandler's Bakery moving to Rio Hill Shopping Center in 2014 
- Fresh Market 
- The Great Frame Up
- Northside Library
- Plan 9 Music (closing its doors in 2010)
- Circuit City - closed after company went into bankruptcy nationwide
- Outback Steakhouse (moved to site in Charlottesville)
Renovations in an uncertain future
The Northside Library will vacate the center later this year, and the center's owners plan to renovate it to help fill several high profile vacancies.  The owner of Chandler's told the Daily Progress that their move to Rio Hill Shopping Center is because of a lack of foot traffic at the retail center.
Albemarle Square is located off of Rte. 29 Seminole Trail and Rio Road.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Web. As Northside library prepares to move, Albemarle Square plots new course, Nate Deseline III, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, March 25, 2014, retrieved March 31, 2014.
- ↑ Web. THE FRESH MARKET TO OPEN CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA STORE FEBRUARY 6, Brave Public Relations, retrieved January 28, 2013.
- ↑ Web. Plans approved for a Fresh Market in Albemarle Square, Courtney Beale, Charlottesville Tomorrow, July 17, 2012, retrieved July 18, 2012.
- ↑ Web. Feedback, Cedermark, Andrew, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, 16 Aug. 2010, retrieved 16 Aug. 2010.