Albemarle County Department of Social Services
The Albemarle County Department of Social Services provides assistance to qualified residents. Economic Assistance Programs provide medical, financial and food assistance to the residents of Albemarle, paid from Federal, State, and local funds. These programs span both the Adult Division and Families and Children Division. 
- Adult Services
- Adult Protective Services
- Child Protective Services
- Foster Care and Adoption
- Home Based Companion Services
- Family Prevention and Support Services
- Emergency Utility Program
- Foster Family/Provider Recruitment and Training
Charlottesville and Albemarle County periodically bring up the topic of consolidating the two localities' social services departments. In February 2011, a committee made up of members from across the community concluded that merging the two departments would not save any money. 
- ↑ Web. Albemarle County Department of Social Services, Albemarle County, retrieved April 12, 2011.
- ↑ Web. Council hears report on cooperative work with Albemarle, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, April 11, 2011, retrieved April 12, 2011.