Albemarle County Department of Community Development
The Albemarle County Department of Community Development is responsible for reviewing and approving plans for building within Albemarle County. The current director is Mark B. Graham. The department's responsibilities are spread over five divisions. Staff provides analysis and guidance to the Board of Supervisors on matters related to land use, transportation and community planning.
"The mission of Community Development is to create a vision for the future of Albemarle County through a proactive community planning effort that involves all stakeholders in a consensus building process and ensures that all new development reflects the community's vision. Armed with this vision and the Board of Supervisor's Strategic Plan, Community Development strives to achieve a future community of quality development, protected natural resources, vital business activity, and livable, walkable neighborhoods. With proactive, collaborative planning, we can effectively shape the County's future and your quality of life."
- Administration/Central Operations
- Current Development
- Mark B. Graham, Director of Community Development
- Jay Schlothauer, Director of Inspections
- Wayne Cilimberg, Director of Planning
- Amelia McCulley, Director of Zoning & Current Development, Zoning Administrator
Site plan and subdivision review process
In 2010, staff are reviewing the site plan and subdivision review process. The project is part of the implementation of the economic development priorities outlined in the “Albemarle County Action Plan” approved by the Board of Supervisors in January.
- ↑ "Community Development Home." Albemarle County, Virginia - Official Web Site. Web. 20 Aug. 2010. <http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=cdd>.
- ↑ "Community Development (Planning)-Departmental Contacts." Albemarle County, Virginia - Official Web Site. Web. 10 Feb. 2010. <http://www.albemarle.org/department.asp?department=planning&relpage=7952>.
- ↑ Lynn, Bridgett. "Roundtable Discusses Streamlined Site Plan and Subdivision Review Process in Albemarle." Charlottesville Tomorrow News Center. 4 Aug. 2010. Web. 20 Aug. 2010. <http://cvilletomorrow.typepad.com/charlottesville_tomorrow_/2010/08/site_plan_review.html>.